Plan and implement pathways that bring economic benefits to Big Bear Valley through the conservation of, education about and promotion of our extraordinarily unique and diverse natural habitats, wildlife and resources.
What is Ecotourism?
Ecotourism promotes travel to natural areas that conserves the environment and improves the well-being of local people. Ecotourism has a positive impact on both natural areas and the local community.
(From The International Ecotourism Society)
Principles of Ecotourism
- Minimize impact.
- Build environmental and cultural awareness and respect.
- Provide positive experiences for both visitors and hosts.
- Provide direct financial benefits for conservation.
- Provide financial benefits and empowerment for local people.
- Raise sensitivity to host area’s political, environmental, and social climate.